Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 6 - Passion Project 2017 - Podcasts


After my bout of sickness last week, I've started up again, and I think the addition of podcasts will really help to increase my ability to understand and speak in Spanish - most of my activities so far have only been about reading and writing.


I had set myself the goal of finding some Spanish podcasts, so that I can continue to learn while I'm driving. I found two that I think will be helpful. The first is a podcast that presents world news in slow Spanish. The website provides a transcript of the podcast, so I can check my understanding or even follow along with the text while I am listening (not while driving, of course!) The second is a more traditional language learning podcast, with units and lessons such as "How to introduce yourself," "How to order in a restaurant," etc. I have chosen to only download the unit review episodes (each unit is 5 or 6 lessons long, with each lesson clocking in from 3 - 4 minutes) The unit reviews are approximately 12 - 15 minutes in length, and I think that my overall language learning skills are sufficiently advanced that the review episodes might be enough to help me improve my Spanish. If not, I can also download the individual lessons!


No comments:

Post a Comment