Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 5 - Passion Project 2017 - A Real-World Encounter


Last weekend, I was involved in a presentation of a piece of theatre. One of my jobs was greeting people at the door, making sure they had a ticket, and giving them any information they needed.

A couple came in shortly before the performance was to begin, and they were speaking in Spanish! I did my best to explain to them what was going on in the theatre, and they were very patient with my rudimentary Spanish... I regretted that I couldn't yet speak to them fluently, and it has motivated me even more to keep practicing and learning!

Overall, I'm feeling good about my progress so far, even though I took almost a whole week off. I was sick, and preparing for a theatre production, and didn't have the energy or brain power to learn any Spanish. Next week is sure to be an improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment